Friday, August 12, 2011

Cats and flowers


Cat no.2 just got finished up today. I found the little chair at a thrift store yesterday on the way home from working at our store. Thought it might make a good display for future craft shows. The cats seem to like it.


A close up of cat no.2.


Some of the beautiful flowers in the local nursery that I stopped in to buy some herbs and chili peppers for our garden. 



We are off to the Bay area for the weekend to see our son Jason who has a little time off before the new school year starts again. He sent me a list of things to bring up including my crock pot. Guess I will just have to get myself a new one. I am hoping we will go up Hwy 1 and stop in Big Sur for lunch and visit Nepenthe and the Phoenix gift store, a magical place next to redwoods and incredible ocean vistas. Also hoping to get a few stops in at some of my favorite spots in Berkeley too. Hope you have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the cats! So adorable!!

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks, Diana!

Pixie said...

Oh, these cats really should be living at my cottage...i just love them both...i love your work so much and look forward to all your posts..just brilliant.
Pixie
:)

Marie said...

Hi Mary,

My favorite part of making dolls (which I have not done for a really long time : P
is the face that emerges...you never know what it will look like and suddenly a unique character emerges, like your little hooked cats...They are adorable as always.
Looks like you are having a lovely Summer! Can't wait to see more of your adventures. Have fun in the Bay area : )
<3