Sunday, November 28, 2010

Off on an adventure...

Here is a little sneak peek at the article in the new Somerset Sew. So fun to see the quilted houses in print!


Here's the cover....
We had a nice quiet small family Thanksgiving. We all took a hike by the San Marcos Trout Club while the turkey was cooking. Some beautiful old oak trees and an old home site were part of the adventure....



Really old cactus branches...

and clover for good luck...

Back home Henry is enjoying the winter sun...
And today I go off on another adventure to No. Calif to take Jason and his two friends back up to Berkeley. Will spend the night and come back home on Monday. Been a busy week with no art making, but that's Ok...loved spending family time with my boys, cooking, building fires in the fireplace, taking walks and going to the farmer's market.
Sorry my blog looks so funny....having trouble getting the banner in the right size and place...will have to keep working on it...
Bye for now...

13 comments:

jude said...

home sewn, how perfect is that!

Phyllis said...

I love your houses and the one that you made for Jude as well. I will have to find this magazine to explore further. Everything you make is delightful.

Jenny Stevning said...

Cute houses!! Love the oak tree photo. They are amazing, aren't they. All from a tiny acorn...

lynda Howells said...

Congrats for your village being published..love the houses. xxlynda

martha brown said...

Your village was my favourite part of this issue! (I'm in it too -- that's why I have my copy already :)

Jacky said...

The banner is gorgeous Mary and I am definitely going to look out for the new 'Sew Somerset' when we get it in Aus. Your houses look wonderful!!! Cant wait to see it.

Glad you had a nice family Thanksgiving...that old oak tree is amazing in its intricacy of branches. I love that about winter, seeing the 'bones' of the trees...beautiful every season.

Jacky xox

Cathy G. said...

Congrats Mary on the published article! Love your new blog header! You sound like me with the computer...... it takes so much time.
Cathy G

Emmy said...

just found your blog love it must go back to see more

Marie said...

Congratulations on being in the magazine. <3 I can not wait to see it in person. Lovely Thanks giving. So beautiful there. I stayed in my pj's all day and cooked. How nice is that?
We did not go anywhere...nice.

Cindy Woods said...

Oohh, I'll have to go find that magazine now--I have a house fetish, and yours are wonderful! Makes me want to stop working on my to-do list and get my sewing machine humming. Happy Holidays!

Robin Olsen said...

What a great village--I'm off to hunt down the magazine.

Mary Stanley said...

Thanks for your comments! So grateful for all my "blogger" art friends!

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

Mary... LOVED your article in Sew Somerset... I have my sweet little houses close by and I think of you every time I gaze upon them.

Hope your days are happy... see you in April!

XO