Saturday, February 20, 2010

Wool gathering

Just had to show you these little wool acorn charms with faces before I mailed them off to the Artfest Charm Swap. I spent last night stitching and gluing while watching the Olympics. We each had to make 25 charms and the organizer will put them onto a necklace for us. I couldn't resist because the charm swap we did at Artfiberfest a few years ago resulted in this cool necklace that is hanging in my art studio.
Fiber charm swap from ARtfiberfest..
Yesterday I headed down to Ventura for Annie's wool giveaway and sale. She is moving to Portland, OR and needed to clear out her storage locker filled with wool. On the way I decided to stop in at The Treasure Hunt fabric store and see if they had any felt beads. No beads but lots of beautiful new fabric! Hard to visit a fabric store without buying at least something! I got a few fat quarters, some wool felt squares, one bag of wool roving and I was on my way.
Only some of the Kaffee Fassett fabric they have. When Kaffee was here last year he said this store had the best selection of his fabric he had ever seen, even more than he had at home!
Some fresh new Spring colors....I had to buy a little of the squirrel fabric on the left....
On down to Annie's locker, a room full of wool...she had two large trash bags of felted sweaters for me to take home. I filled another bag with wool for hooking and the other hookers also filled bags to take home. I resisted the handwoven wool above...but found lots of other fun things to work with.
Just a little of Annie's wool stash....good for dyeing..
A few of us hookers at the locker...me, Pepa, Barbara, and Fran. Annie took our picture.

4 comments:

Marie said...

What cheerful, wonderful little acorn charms! I loveee going to my favorite fabric shop. I feel like a kid in a candy shop...but, they do not have Kaffe Fassitt fabric...sigh.
Looks like a fun little trip.
: )

Jacky said...

So cute your little acorn charms, how wonderful to be going to the Artfiberfest too!!!! Cant wait to see what you get up to!
What a haul from your little outing. Most envious of that shop with all of the scrummy KF fabrics (they must have a huge range!)
Fun for you and your fellow hookers too after visiting your friend.

Jacky

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love the charm necklace!!
And love the handwoven wool that you passed up ~ would make great handbags or totes!!! Sounds like you gathered some nice things!!

Judy Merrill-Smith said...

Your acorn charms are adorable, Mary! It's fun to see the necklace you made with the artfiberfest swap -- I have my charms from that swap hanging on the wall, too. Too pretty to hide away.