Saturday, December 05, 2009

Funny rabbit...

This funny little linen rabbit will be at the "Go ask Alice" doll and plush art show tonight. The "Mad Tea Party" reception is tonight from 6-9 pm and I think I might even wear a hat to this.
Loop and Leaf, a fine yarn and tea shop is providing the tea and Cimmi is making cupcakes.
And my friend, Kate is having a Holiday Party tonight so after the reception I am heading over to her home to mingle with old friends and see if they have their driftwood trees up yet.
Yesterday I went to the annual Folk and Tribal Arts Marketplace at the SB Museum of Natural History. Over 30 vendors with wonderful art and crafts from all over the world sell their wares.
I only bought a few things....house construction and the economy are making me behave.....
I couldn't resist these baskets from Zimbabwe...made entirely from recycled wire from inside radial tires! I love the fun decorations...the small one was only $8.!
And these two ornaments or pincushions from Peru were too cute to pass up! Makes me want to go back to Peru and collect textiles again! I also bought a nice soft alpaca scarf for my SIL for Christmas.
Still working on some Christmas orders to ship out next week (mushrooms and pins) and then I think I am free to do some rug hooking!

4 comments:

Marie said...

Wonderful bunny. Love the baskets.
Love Peruvian textiles!

Marie said...

p.s. love the new "kitty" header!

dulcy said...

I really like those little baskets.....but oh.....just adore those cute houses previous to this post!

plantingalongtheverge.com said...

love that bunny!