Saturday, September 19, 2009

Bugs and more bugs...

Just had to share with you the great Kleenex boxes that just showed up at the market! Really fun graphic art of bugs...so I stocked up and bought one of each! Usually the boxes are pretty boring but these are fun and colorful, but will my boys notice?

My art friend, Tara Ross sent me this wonderful book recently because she knew that I would love it...and I DO! Had to share it with you, too. The art is needle felted in fun bright colors that make you smile. The author is Beatrice Alemagna who lives and works in France.


And I liked this illustration that I found in a magazine that I receive called" Teaching Tolerance."
I subscribed when I was teaching children's art classes and it just keeps coming. Not sure if you can read the quote, but it is by Marianne Williamson and the art is by James Yang.
It says:
In every community, there is work to be done.
In every nation, there are wounds to heal.
In every heart, there is the power to do it.

And I did get some rug hooking done last night! I got 7 small hearts hooked that will be made into pins. Hope to get in a beach walk and a quick check in at the thrift store!

2 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I am really getting to like bugs.

I have to go find some of those boxes. Sometimes Target has a good selection.

Marie said...

Too cute! Love the felted bugs.