Thursday, June 11, 2009

Visit to Napa Valley...

A Celebration of Life decorated bicycle on the streets of Calistoga...
A visit to the Castillo Amarosa near Calistoga. It took 15 years to build this copy of a medieval castle, complete with a dungeon and large dining hall. And a gift shop filled with wine in the back...
On the way up to the Castle, lots of pretty flowers. There were sheep grazing nearby and 100 year old olive trees.

Flowers next to the Calistoga train station...
There are some wonderful shops in St. Helena...loved the vintage bird cage in this one....
and Vintage Home always has an interesting window...didn't have time to go inside...
this one was fun...a giant papier mache pair of flats in a shoe and clothing store specializing in "flats".
And my rug hooking friend, Katie recommended this wonderful bakery in Yountville. We got tarts for my relatives in San Mateo and some cookies for our trip home. Delicious!!! Heavenly!

Opening my mail when we got home, I received the sweetest surprise:
my very own "Spirit Cloth" from Jude Hill!
I am beyond thrilled, I love her work so much. Thank you, Jude! What a generous spirit.

4 comments:

jude said...

ha! glad my persistence paid off!

Tammy Burks said...

Beautiful pics! Thanks for taking us with you.

Beth Anderson said...

What a wonderful adventure and great pictures

Sella said...

Good pictures! I am going to Napa Valley next week, i will look for these places.