Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Playing around....

Just having fun playing around with some fabric....I started this "sampler" last night and hope to do some stitching every day on it...inspired by one of Pam Garrison's posts, who was inspired by Rebecca Sower....(why we love the Internet!)....
I borrowed a "Nancy Crow" book from Barbara and got inspired to do a little piecing with black and white...where did that little fish come from? This may turn into a little art quilt....

And more strips...all kimono fabric from the recycle bin at ARt From SCrap!
Couldn't resist this cup for my morning cup of tea from R.Wood Studio. On sale at Imagine...the colors of their glazes are really wonderful and everything is handmade...I bought one dinner plate too.
And this little heart goes off to Jennifer in Colorado today...I couldn't resist adding a little color to the back side....
Had a great birthday dinner last night with my boys. I meant to take a photo but totally forgot...food delicious at Pascucci's on State St., the dessert trio ..gone in seconds! Cheesecake with raspberry sauce, creme brulee with fresh raspberries, and flourless chocolate cake with homemade butterscotch sauce! I'd better get in a serious walk today!

1 comment:

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Happy Birthday dear one. Just catching up on your recent posts. Wonderful, each and every one. Those Bday desserts sound sooo good. Your new pieces are all eye treats. My favorite of your posted pics is that of you, your mom and brothers. It was an especially beautiful moment to catch on your little face and your mothers beauty is so clearly present in your face today. So glad you still have your brother to share those lovely family memories with.
Hugs Birthday Girl...they last for days and days you know. :)