Monday, November 03, 2008

A busy week...


Made these little fiber necklaces for Syd's Queen of ARts show this up coming weekend. I've got a busy week ahead....making stuff for the Queen show (Fri, Sat. and Sun.) also I have a commission to do all the Christmas tree decorations for one of my favorite stores and galleries, Just Folk...and my husband's mother has a big birthday party on Sunday in Los Angeles..she turns 85 and everyone is coming to celebrate...all her kids (11) plus their kids and even great, great, grandchildren.
So today I got started on some of the tree garlands for Just Folk. I used some vintage quilt scraps given to me, ironed on some Wonder Under for strength and sewed away all day. I managed to make 10 garlands. Now to do a Dove tree topper and lots of fun folksey fiber ornaments...I'm thinking mushrooms, houses, birds, hearts, pigs, stars, and what else? Ideas welcome!
I'm still unpacking from Artfiberfest! Been home a week and had to jump right back into all the motherly duties....but I still can see all the wonderful faces of fellow fiber artists and look forward to 2009 to see everyone again and make more fun stuff!

4 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

oh my,,,,,,,don't get burned out. That's great about Just Folk,,,,, I wish I could go to that store.

Have fun,,,,,,,and don't get stressed....your banners are lovely and all those hearts.... oh my!

Lyrically speaking said...

very very cute

Cathie said...

These are soooo sooooo sooooo cute. I love them. I want one - no make that two - one for a necklace and one for a bracelet!!! You have a wonderful imagination.

Also love your little skullies. Dias Los Muertos - what a fun subject to use as a springboard for creativity.
Art on!!

Ro Bruhn said...

Love the hearts they're gorgeous.