Tuesday, September 23, 2008

A Good Day to Dye...

Spent the morning dyeing cotton scrim for my nuno class at artfiberfest. The open weave of the fabric allows the wool fiber to felt into it creating a wonderful texture for fiber art projects. And then since I had the dyes out, I got out some silk and rayon velvet that I had ordered and dyed some of that too. It came out so beautifully I can't wait to dye more colors to play with. I also threw in some old kimono silk just to see what would happen and it came out in a nice muted color too. Last week Barbara and I spent the day dyeing silk chiffon scarves for the nuno class...lots of colors...even though they will be mostly covered up by the wool roving...still nice to have a colorful background to work with.


The cats always come to see what I'm up to and pounce on the fabric when I move it around....
some fun little pins I made....

4 comments:

Tara's Art Camp said...

I am sighing over here,,, I so wish I could take your classes........ I love all those yummy colors.

Artful said...

Hi Mary

It's Barbara @Artful Living in Ojai.

We've started our 5 FAB days with Jill Berry and we are sure missing you. Please let us know if we can look forward to having you here with us. We MISS you.

805.640.0800

kate and greg said...

i wish i had been there to play too.....

Christina said...

miss mary,
lovely, lovely, lovely. i especially love how the netting dyes.