Monday, July 28, 2008

Pin Cushion and fiber finds...

Here's my finished pin cushion for Tricia's Textile Challenge...join up if you are interested...
And below are my purchases at the Quilt show....

these 2 photos are from a fragment of an old quilt that I found in a bin with old quilt blocks...enough to make a few dolls or use in a fabric collage, if I can bear to cut it up....it has old velvets and the funny top stitching...(only $6.00)
Below is a little collection of Japanese silk pieces that I couldn't resist!
And these are the dyed silk cocoons that I want to play with....not sure how, but I'll think of something!

2 comments:

jenclair said...

The pin cushion is lovely! I love the pics of the quilt fragments...

Tara's Art Camp said...

Oh, you could do such great things with the quilt fragments. Yummy!

Love your pin cushion.