Tuesday, June 24, 2008

New Heart

Just finished this new hooked heart, a gift for Jason to take to Germany for the nice couple who are loaning them an apartment in Munich. He's flying off tomorrow with his 2 best friends for 5 weeks! I'm sure he will have some fun adventures to share with us when he returns.
Here is the back of the heart.....
The back before stitching...hiding the opening with a felt stem...
The back of the heart....after stitching all the way around, I cut a slit in the back and turned it inside out, stuffed it, put in a little lavender and sewed it up. This gives you a nice clean and sturdy edge. Sometimes I leave an opening about 3 " wide on one side of the heart and turn and then stitch up the side...but lately I've been having fun with the back. Another fun thing to do is to put a little pocket on the back with a secret message tucked in.
Here's the heart, hooked and waiting to be sewn up and stuffed.

1 comment:

Tara's Art Camp said...

oh wow, thank you for sharing that great tip about sewing up the back instead of the sides. I will give it a try. I like the idea of smoother sides!
Thank you!