Thursday, April 10, 2008

Artfest images.....

Sukey's beautiful Mandala from Anahata's class....Sukey was my roommate in the Officer's house and makes incredible dolls and fiber things....oops...it's sideways...sorry, Sukey...I love the soft colors....I think I need to take one of Anahata's classes now!
The delightful Nina Bagley at the end of our Stone Soup class.....I made a bunch of drilled charms and fiber embellishments to be made into a necklace some day....I think I finally "got" the "Nina knot" figured out..with Colleen's help.. ....and am not afraid to drill glass or stones!
Some of my goodies from Nina's class...coral from Bali, stones from our beaches, and fabric beads wrapped with wire...those were fun to make!
My second Waxy Layers encaustic collage made in the wonderful class taught by the amazing Judy Wise....I got to meet Judy at Art and Soul last October and looked forward to taking her class at Artfest. A generous, kind, and entertaining teacher that got us all addicted to beeswax.

My first encaustic collage from Judy's class.....learned how to do dry brushwork..somewhat...anyway...Michelle Allen my table partner was so much help...loved sharing this experience with her and her piece was wonderful.
My funny little gnome and friend made in Michael Jon Peterson's Spun Cotton Creations class on the first day...fun to learn a new technique. Got to sit next to my friend Susan B. from Santa Barbara...she made an incredible little bird and a pumpkin head creature....hope to see them finished up. Michael was lively and entertaining and shared all his tips and techniques and brought lots of fun paper and ephemera for us to play with.
I just LOVE this fairy drawing that Katherine made....Susan Halme's granddaughter~drawn in the Officer's house kitchen while we chatted and ate popcorn....and discussed our classes.
Just some of my trades from artfest......owl oriented......love them all!
More to come.....

2 comments:

Tammy Burks said...

Mary,
It's hard to stop by your blog and NOT be inspired...you are like my "apple a day"!!!

Ro Bruhn said...

Love what you made, so many great classes. Nina, Misty and Traci Bautista will be teaching here in May, can't wait.