Friday, February 08, 2008

Artists' Books Made Here


Yesterday I was over in Solvang at the ARt Clinic working with Penny and Colleen on our collaborative pieces for an Art From Scrap show coming up soon. Before leaving Penny and I hopped over to the Elverhoj Museum of History and Art to see a cool Book Arts show. Lots of very different pieces from local artists..."expressive content in non-conventional forms"...if you are in the area ---go see it! And the large post card is designed to be cut and folded into a little book--how cool is that?
Elverhoj Museum
1624 elverhoy Way
Solvang, CA 93463
They are having a workshop called "Never Judge a Book by its Cover" on Sat. March 1, 9:30 to noon.

2 comments:

Kel said...

Oh my goodness, I just love your work! Thanks for entering my draw - I hope I get the chance to take a class with you one day. Glad I found your blog.
Kel x

Anonymous said...

Just a dropping in to say... THANK YOU, THANK YOU... My little hooked heart came in the mail yesterday. It is even more gorgeous in person and I love all the textures and colors. Thank you Mary for your wonderful giveaway gift. I'm going to hang it on my wall in my new studio. Hugs...