Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Using felted sweaters for Hooking...


Here is another thing that I have been working on. I think that I started this before Christmas, I did the lettering, and then it sat for months while I made other things. I thought it would be sort of a sign to put on the wall or table when I do Art Shows....OR it could be a header design if I ever get my web site done... The flying bird up in the corner is hooked with a really cool wool angora sweater that I felted and put through my cloth stripper. You have to do a bit of experimenting to find knits that will work for hooking...can't be too loose or the strips will fall apart. My other use for the felted sweaters is to make "softie" creatures and dolls. I made a bunch last week at the Design Studio but don't have a photo yet...next week I'll take some...these are really fun and easy to make and pretty quick. OK...now I really must finish up the Somerset thing...

2 comments:

Runner Gurl said...

OMGosh... this is wonderful, Mary. I love the shape of the bird and letters.

The only hard part of reading your blog is that I want to TOUCH everything!!

: )
Gail

Tracie Lyn Huskamp said...

OH MY GOSH MARY... THIS COMPLETELY ROCKS...

I LOVE THE hooked WORDS... OK.. I think I'M HOOKED!!!

LOL