Sunday, December 17, 2006

New squirrel and crow.....

to be delivered tomorrow at our Rug hookers Christmas party at Penny's decorated house. I made these for two of my friends to give as gifts. If I have time I will include a small owl too. We will have a gift exchange, refreshments and fiber art news.
Had an incredibly busy day yesterday! First I went to our plumbing store to do my register shift. I then left at 3pm to go to Ojai to the Fibre Arts Design Studio for an Open House. It was fun and lively and we had lots of cool fiber arts projects on display. I got sign ups for my Fibre Fun Class that I will teach next year. While there I heard about an opening at a local gallery and decided to go take a quick look. It turned out to be the art of a wonderful artist named Inez Storer who lives in No. Calif. in Inverness, a place I used to visit when I lived nearby years ago.
Her paintings were like large post cards with funny messages on them and large stamps...I really LOVED them!!! If you are in the area ...GO SEE Them!!! They are at the Nathan Larramendy Gallery...107 south Signal St. in Ojai. The fun thing was that Inez was there and I got to meet her and chat for a bit. I bought a catalog from a previous show titled: "Threatrical Realism: The Art of Inez Storer"....her new things are a little different...lighter and more glowing colors....If I could, I would buy one of her paintings, but still have boys to put through college and all that.....
After the gallery opening I went to my new friend Patty Smith's house and she showed me her lovely soft pastels that she has been doing. Really nice! And she will be teaching some knitting classes at the Fibre Studio in Jan. We then had to scurry over to the Ironpan Restaurant where I met up with Dennis for our big Dinner party for the Fibre Arts Studio complete with live music, yummy dinner and chocolate mousse for desert.Wo's daughter,Katie and helper Hilda were dressed like elves complete with red and green striped tights. Lisa had on a Santa suit, looking very festive. After visiting with the other teachers and students I received a rose, a Christmas tree pin and nice thank you card from Wo, our gracious hostess. There was dancing, door prizes, and lots of local color. Then we drove home in our separate cars to our frosty house arriving by midnight. Today we rest.

No comments: